Psychological services play a crucial role in promoting mental health and well-being. Various services are available to patients, provided by professionals with different levels of training and expertise.
Your GP may determine you are eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan – this is a structured approach to managing mental health needs, often involving:
- Collaborative goal-setting between patients and healthcare providers.
- Outlining the specific mental health services needed.
- Access to subsidized sessions through Medicare.
- Regular reviews to ensure ongoing support and adjustments to the plan as needed.
This may involve a referral to one of our psychologists – where patients can access up to 10 Medicare Rebatable sessions per calendar year.
Our psychologists are able to offer a wide variety of treatment options depending on the patient’s needs:
- Therapy Services:
- Individual, group, couples, and family therapy to address various mental health issues.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT):
- Goal-oriented approach to changing negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- Psychological Assessments:
- In-depth evaluations by psychologists for diagnostic and treatment planning purposes.
- Rehabilitation Psychology:
- Support for individuals with disabilities or chronic health conditions.
- Addiction Counseling:
- Specialized services for substance abuse or addiction issues.
- Child and Adolescent Psychology:
- Tailored services for children and teenagers, addressing behavioral and developmental concerns.
- Geriatric Psychology:
- Services for older adults, focusing on mental health issues related to aging.