Lane Cove Doctors Medical Centre is a family medical practice open 7 days a week (including Saturday and Sunday) for appointments.
We are a fully accredited practice located at 118-120 Longueville Rd, Lane Cove – a short 50m walk from the crossing.
We have Australian trained General Practitioners (GPs) doctors, pathology, physiotherapist, dietitian and psychologists and are a private billing practice. Please see our fee details via our website or enquire at reception.
We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Flu Vaccines and Covid-19 Boosters available now!
Lane Cove Doctors Medical Centre is a private billing practice.
We charge a gap fee for all consultations. For appointments booked between 8am and 6pm Monday through to Friday, we offer a reduced fee for Children under the age of 16 and all pensioners with a valid Pension card.
All weekend appointments are privately billed for all patients and attract an $90 out of pocket fee. Public Holiday consultations incur a gap fee of $100 for all patients. ‘After Hour’ appointments, being consultations after 6pm on Monday and Thursday evenings, also attract a higher out of pocket gap fee for all.
We have EFTPOS and Medicare EasyClaim available for easy payments and on-the-spot Medicare rebates!
How to check your Medicare Rebate details:
If you are unsure of where your Medicare rebate is sent, or need to update your banking details with Medicare, please find below avenues to update or check your details:
- Online via www.mygov.com.au (through ‘linking’ access to Medicare)
- Via the Medicare App
- Via Phone at Ph: 132 011 (24 hour access)
- At a local Medicare Service Centre in person
Most appointments are booked online for a 15 minute appointment. New Patients are automatically booked for a double appointment, set at 30 minutes, to ensure our Doctors and Nurse have the required timeframe to conduct a thorough history.
Specific procedures are also booked for 30 minute sessions or longer, depending on the complexity of the appointment. For specific lengths, or, if you require a long appointment, please call the clinic to discuss on Ph: (02) 8319 8888.
Please note that all procedures require an initial consultation with your GP to discuss, risks, suitability, complexity and cost.
- Skin Checks – Skin Check appointments are booked for a 30 minute consultation and incur an out of pocket fee of $82.30.
- Travel Vaccination consultations are charged privately at a standard consultation rate, with travel immunisations typically also incurring at an out of pocket fee for the purchase of the vaccines.
- IUD procedures are available through Dr. Brodie Hookins and Dr. Lara Monaghan. After an initial consultation to discuss suitability, benefits and risk, IUD insertion procedures attract an out of pocket fee of $190 with Medicare rebates available to eligible Medicare card holders.
- Iron Infusions are booked at a 45 minute consultation time and carry a private fee of $220.
Cancellation of an appointment less than four hours before your scheduled appointment time will incur a $40 non attendance fee.
If this is your first visit to the practice, please bring the following to your initial consultation:
- A valid Medicare card if you have one (check expiry date) and a form of Photo ID (eg driver’s license/photo card)
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time to fill in necessary paperwork including a New Patient Registration Form. This can be downloaded and pre-filled by clicking here: New Patient Form
- If you are a Workcover patient, you will need to bring your claim number and any relevant information with you so we can bill directly to the insurer. Without a claim number, you will need to cover the cost of all work-cover visits at the time of each visit. Fees are per the AMA schedule.
- Additional services, such as dressings, wound care, cryotherapy and vaccines incur a fee.
- EFTPOS is available. Easyclaim is available for on-the-spot medicare rebates.
If you need to change your appointment time please inform us as soon as possible on (02) 8319 8888 to avoid late cancellation fees.