Chatswood Medical Practice is a family medical practice open 6 days a week. We are open 8am-6pm Monday – Friday and 8am-12pm on Saturdays.
We have a team of Australian trained General Practitioners (GP doctors) and nurses. We are a mixed-billing practice.
Our practice is newly renovated and offers state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. You can make an appointment over the phone and we also accept walk-in appointments.
We serve patients from Chatswood, St Leonards, Artarmon, Roseville, Lane Cove and other surrounding suburbs.
We are conveniently located at 214 Victoria Avenue, just down the road from Chatswood Chase and easy access to public transport. Parking is available onsite and on the street.
Meet Dr Soo Hyun Kim (starting on Thurs 19th October 2023)
Chatswood Medical Practice is a private billing medical centre
We charge a gap fee for all consultations. For appointments booked between 8am and 5:30pm Monday through to Friday.
All weekend appointments are privately billed for all patients and attract an $90 out of pocket fee. Public Holiday consultations incur a gap fee of $100 for all patients.
We have EFTPOS and Medicare EasyClaim available for easy payments and on-the-spot Medicare rebates!
How to check your Medicare Rebate details:
If you are unsure of where your Medicare rebate is sent, or need to update your banking details with Medicare, please find below avenues to update or check your details:
- Online via www.mygov.com.au (through ‘linking’ access to Medicare)
- Via the Medicare App
- Via Phone at Ph: 132 011 (24 hour access)
- At a local Medicare Service Centre in person
All our Doctors charge individually therefore if you do not see your usual doctor your consultation fee may vary.
Some Doctors offer a discounted rate for pensioners, children and students.
Telephone Consultations – Update
A Private Fee will apply for all telehealth consultations and the charges will be the same as regular Face-to-Face fee schedule.
Payment will be collected prior to the consultation, via a secure payment request we send from Hotdoc, or over the phone. Medicare rebates will be processed online to save you hassle.
NON ATTENDANCE POLICY:
Please note that a Non-Attendance Fee of $40 is payable if a patient does not attend their standard appointment or if the appointment is cancelled with less than two hours notice.
Vaccines & Procedural Fees:
For all vaccination and procedural costs please ask one of our friendly receptionists. Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to receiving treatment.
- Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $80.
- Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare.
- Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to any treatment received.
Pre-employment medical assessments and other medical assessments are also privately billed.
If this is your first visit to the practice, please bring the following to your first consultation:
- A valid Medicare card if you have one (check expiry date) and a Photo ID (eg driver’s licence/student card)
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time to fill in necessary paperwork including a New Patient Registration Form
- If you are a Workcover patient, you will need to inform your Employer prior to the consultation and bring your employer’s contact details for verification to arrange payment through Workcover
- Please bring a form of payment. We accept Cash, Eftpos and Credit Cards. We do not accept Cheques.
If you need to change your appointment time please inform us as soon as possible on (02) 9419 3411 to avoid late cancellation fees.
We look forward to seeing you soon