Randwick Doctors Medical Centre is a family medical practice open 7 days a week. We are open 8am-6pm Monday – Friday and 9am-1pm Saturdays and Sundays.
We have a team of Australian trained General Practitioners (GP doctors), nurse and onsite pathology. We offer a range of allied health services including physiotherapy, psychology, podiatry, exercise physiology, speech pathology and dietetics. We are a mixed-billing practice.
Our practice is newly renovated and offers state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. You can make an appointment over the phone, online via this website or our free app HotDocs (available on Android and iOS).
We serve patients from Randwick, Kensington, Kingsford, Coogee, Moore Park, Centennial Park, Daceyville and the surrounding Eastern Suburbs. We look forward to serving you and your family.
We are conveniently located at the heart of bustling Randwick shopping district at 62 Belmore Rd (cnr Waratah Ave, opposite Royal Randwick Shopping Centre)
Telephone Consultations – Update
From 1st October 2020, Telehealth Consultations will no longer be routinely bulk-billed for all patients.
A Private Fee will apply for all other telehealth consultations. After the Medicare Rebate, patients will be out of pocket from $61.80 depending on consultation length.
Payment will be collected prior to the consultation, via a secure payment request we send from Hotdoc, or over the phone. Medicare rebates will be processed online to save you hassle.
PRIVATE BILLING POLICY:
We are a private billing practice.
A Gap Fee applies for all consultations after the Medicare rebate for Medicare eligible patients and this rebate can be claimed electronically for you without hassle.
NON ATTENDANCE POLICY:
Please note that a Non-Attendance Fee for GP appointments is Monday – Friday $40, Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays $50 and is payable if a patient does not attend their standard appointment or if the appointment is cancelled with less than two hours notice.
The non-attendance fee for Allied Health Providers & Specialists varies between $40 and $180 and is payable if a patient does not attend their standard appointment or if the appointment is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
- Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $50.
- Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare but the consultation is Bulk Billed if performed on a weekday (private billing on weekends).
- Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to any treatment received.
VACCINES & PROCEDURAL FEES:
For all vaccination and procedural costs please ask one of our friendly receptionists. Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to receiving treatment.
- Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $80.
- Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare but the consultation is Bulk Billed for patients with a valid Medicare if performed on a weekday (private billing on weekends)
Pre-employment medical assessments and other medical assessments are also privately billed.
If this is your first visit to the practice, please bring the following to your first consultation:
- A valid Medicare card if you have one (check expiry date) and a Photo ID (eg driver’s licence/student card)
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time to fill in necessary paperwork including a New Patient Registration Form (Can be downloaded and pre-filled by clicking here: New Patient Registration Form)
- If you are a Workcover patient, you will need to inform your Employer prior to the consultation and bring your employer’s contact details for verification to arrange payment through Workcover
- If you are coming for a consultation as a walk in, on the Weekend, Public Holiday or you are a Private patient (without a Valid Medicare card) or you intend on having a procedure eg Dressings/Suturing/Vaccinations, please bring a form of payment. We accept Cash, Eftpos and Credit Cards. We do not accept Cheques.
We have bulk billing available* for booked appointments on Monday to Friday but certain procedures or vaccines may incur a private fee. Private billing applies on walk in appointments, weekends and public holidays. Please see our Fee Schedule for more information.
If you need to change your appointment time please inform us as soon as possible on (02) 8047 0988 to avoid late cancellation fees.
We look forward to seeing you soon