Nuvo Health Medical Centre – Maroubra is a family medical practice open 7 days a week.
Formally South Maroubra Medical Practice the practitioners here have been serving the Maroubra Community for over 12 years. They will continue working with us and remain available for all new and existing patients in Maroubra and surrounding suburbs.
We have Australian trained General Practitioners (GP doctors), practice nurses and pathology at this medical practise.
Located at 15/3 Meagher Avenue Maroubra, this family medical centre is newly renovated and offers state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
We accept walk-in patients and appointments over the phone, online via this website or HotDocs app.
We serve all patients from Maroubra, Coogee, Botany, Bronte, Randwick, Matraville, Rosebery and beyond Sydney. Our GP doctors and team look forward to meeting you and your family.
If you are an existing patient of this Maroubra medical practice and require after hours medical assistance of a non-urgent nature between 7pm and 7am Monday – Friday or between 1pm and 7am on Saturday and Sunday, please call 0491 837 158.
A private non rebatable fee of $200 applies to all after hours telehealth consultations.
Nuvo Health Medical Centre - Maroubra (South Maroubra Medical Practice), Meagher Avenue
Phone: (02) 9311 3633
After Hours: (02) 7252 1599 (Fees Apply)
Monday - Friday
8am – 5pm
9am – 1pm
9am – 1:30pm
Fee Schedule Nuvo Health Medical Centre - Maroubra
Weekday Appointments (Face to Face)
Please note the following exceptions for specific GP doctors:
Dr Eva Stepankova:
- Existing patients of Dr Stepankova who have been bulk billed previously will continued to be bulk billed
Dr Marion Pickard:
- Bulk billing for existing patients of Dr Pickard
- Not accepting any new patients
Weekend Appointments (Face to Face)
We are a fully private billing Maroubra medical practice on weekends and public holidays.
Please note that GP consultations on Sundays or Public Holidays will attract a higher fee to the usual schedule as these are considered after-hours consultations.
Non attendance Policy
Please note a Non-Attendance Fee of $20 is payable if a patient does not attend their doctors appointment or if the appointment is cancelled with less than one hours notice.
If a patient fails to give 48 hours notice or does not attend an allied health appointment, a Non-Attendance Fee will need to be paid.
Vaccines & Procedural Fees
For all vaccination and procedural costs please ask one of our friendly receptionists. Your Maroubra doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to receiving treatment.
Please note that all skin check appointments are available Monday – Friday only and will incur a private fee of $159.00 with a Medicare rebate of $76.95.
Nuvo Health Maroubra also provides a Dermatologist skin lesion opinion and report at a fee of $99.
Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $100.
Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare.
Pre-employment medical assessments and other medical assessments are also privately billed. The cost will depend on the length and complexity of the medical assessment.
Reception are able to give a price guide but cost will be determined by the doctor at time of consult.
New Patient Information
If this is your first visit to Nuvo Health Medical Centre – Maroubra, please bring the following to your first consultation:
- A valid Medicare card if you have one (check expiry date) and a Photo ID (eg driver’s licence/student card)
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time to fill in necessary paperwork including a New Patient Registration Form (Can be downloaded and pre-filled by clicking here: New Patient Registration Form)
- If you are a Workcover patient, you will need to inform your Employer prior to the consultation and bring your employer’s contact details for verification to arrange payment through Workcover
- If you are coming for a consultation with private billing, or on a Public Holiday or you are a Private patient (without a Valid Medicare card) or you intend on having a procedure eg Dressings/Suturing/Vaccinations, please bring a form of payment. We accept Cash, Eftpos and Credit Cards. We do not accept Cheques.
If you need to change your appointment time please inform us as soon as possible to avoid late cancellation fees.